A Song a Day Keeps the Doctor Away...
Singing is just what the doctor ordered! There are all kinds of articles and research out there touting the academic and cognitive benefits of music, but did you know that singing and making music can actually have significant health benefits as well?
TOP 7 REASONS TO SING!
1. When we sing, we take in more oxygen and improve aerobic capacity.
2. Singing in a group increases the heart rate and reduces blood pressure.
3. When we participate in musical activities, such as singing, dancing, or playing an instrument, our brains release endorphins, which makes us feel good!
4. Singing improves blood circulation.
5. Music can relieve chronic pain.
6. Singing releases oxytocin, a natural stress reliever.
7. Singing boosts the immune system.